Tein Flex A Coilovers 2017+ Honda Civic Type R
SPECIAL ORDER: Contact us for availability and lead-time prior to ordering.
FLEX A is equipped with new feature "Hydraulic Bump Stopper (H.B.S.)" which has been tested and proven effective in the world's harshest motorsports including World Rally Championship and European Rally Championship. When a lowered vehicle goes over big bumps, urethane or rubber bump stopper often causes a big upward jolt and/or rebound and can disturb controllability. On FLEX A, H.B.S., mounted inside the shock absorber, effectively generates damping force near and/or at full-bump, to absorb big impact smoothly. Comfortable ride in vehicles even at full occupancy will revolutionize the industry.
Full-length ride height adjustment system, used for FLEX A, enables adjustment of ride height by adjusting the case length, without changing the damper stroke length and/or spring pre-load. This has the advantage that the change in ride quality is kept minimal when the height is adjusted. This system not only makes it possible to maintain good balance between the low-down appearance and ride comfort, but also provides more setting choices for sport driving as well.
FLEX A has ever-popular 16-level damping force adjustment (comp./rebound together) feature with the use of needle valve. By turning the adjustment knob, damping force (stiffness) is adjusted linearly step by step, to change the ride and handling of the car to suit driver's needs/preferences. Use of well-reputed "ADVANCE Needle" at the needle valve for oil flow control widens damping force adjustable range to about 200% of the existing lineups.
FLEX A has adopted the new wrought aluminum spring seats and low-friction hard-resin thrust washers. These effectively reduces the friction with springs, caused during ride height adjustment, and makes it easier to adjust the ride height with pre-load on the springs.
- New Hydraulic Bump Stopper (H.B.S.) for Comfortable Ride in ALL Seats!
- Twin-Tube System for Comfortable Ride on Streets!
- Damping Force Adjustable to Change Ride to Desired Settings!
- Compatible with EDFC Series to enable In-Car Damping Force Adjustment!
- Upper Mounts Included for Easy Installation!
- Highly-Rigid Bracket & Shell Case!
- Smooth Ride Height Adjustment & One-of-A-Kind Adjusting Wrench!
- No-Sag Springs!
- High-Spec Damper Oil
- Base Height Drop (Front): -1.2"
- Base Height Drop (Rear): -1.2"
- Max Range (Front): -2.4" to -0.2"
- Max Range (Rear): -2.0" to 0.0"
- Optimal Range (Front): -1.6" to -0.8"
- Optimal Range (Rear): -1.6" to -0.8"
- Rate (Front): 8.0 kgf/mm | 448 lbs/in
- Rate (Rear): 8.0 kgf/mm | 448 lbs/in